Writing has always been a very serious topic for me, especially when
writing essays or articles for class work. I was always expected to write grammatically
correct. Everything had to be organized in a logical order and neat format. It
was always very… boring. Those who write from the heart know why. Sometimes
nothing makes sense, sometimes things just come out and that’s not what formal
writing is. I’d never had the experience to write of whatever occurred to me.
Writing about whatever I want, for a class? Like a dream come true. Little did I
know, it wasn’t as easy as expected? I’ve had journals in the past, but nothing
like this one. Although my journals were personal, I always had that little
voice in my head, the little micro manager, who said: “Write about this, don’t write
about that.” It was hard for me to truly express myself without worrying about
it having to sound pretty. All of that changed when I entered this semester’s English
class and was assigned a journal project with The Anti-Rules

No comments:
Post a Comment